¤ §unny Day§ ¤

*~ "...with a few §çattereD §hower§" ~*

Monday, March 07, 2005

It's my first post for the year and unfortunately it's a sad one.

My cousin Noel passed away lastnight due to complications breathing. He had sickle cell anaemia and really no one expected him to live this long, but he died at the age of 25. From the time i was small my mother told me about his condition and that no one lives beyond their teen years, but he did, and although half his life was spent in the hospital getting blood tranfusions etc. i never believed he'd be gone some day. I thought that if he made it this far, he'd live his life like nothing was wrong with him.

He was my favourite cousin from small but the last time i saw him was 3 years ago when i made the trip to minnesota, seeing as all of my mothers side of the family moved up there. Since I got back home, we talked regularly on the net, even when he was in the hospital he sent msges via his cell phone, but recently I didnt see him online much. I never forget the time, months ago i was away from my computer and he msged me saying "i miss y'all" but he wasnt there when i returned, i sent an email to him but he didnt reply either. My sister told me that she thinks he knew his time was coming cause he talked to her about telling our grandmother to do a grandchild swap so he could come to barbados.

Even though i hardly saw him I'm going to miss him like crazy, although it doesnt feel so real right now. But i know he isnt suffering anymore, so that part makes me happy.

Noel, I love you and rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home